Friday, June 24, 2016

Advice for aspiring writers/The best thing about being a writer

My advice for aspiring writers?
Don't give up! Surround yourself with other writers and artists regularly, for the support you so very much need. And of course, do your Morning Pages and Artist Dates.

The best thing about being a writer?

It's the perfect place to hone your l'esprit de l'escalier; a French term for when you think of the perfect answer to something after you've left the room and are doing something ordinary like walking up a staircase. Not being a hothead by nature, I find well-thought-out arguments bubbling up later, after I've had the time to digest a perplexing conversation. Hopefully I've left the other person with a graceful (or possibly clueless) exit remark. On my own time, I can weave the situation into that of one of my characters; resulting in a satisfying display of verbal gallantry (at least on the part of my protagonist)!

No comments:

Post a Comment